Current Affairs | Sebastian Castro and Arnold Reyes

Friday, April 27, 2007

Blogwatch: Badinggerzie



The greatest Pinoy gay storyteller on the planet. It's time I look back to the first real gay lifestyle blog that I've seen: Badinggerzie.

The blog owner's first entry "1 gay + 1 gay = 2 gays" was featured in L Magazine way back in 2005. It was really funny. The phrase "buhay vek-vek" (gay life/buhay bakla) was enough to knock me off from my seat!

And when I visited his blog online, I was in awe of his encounters, stories (naughty & not), and some personal real-life experiences.

While I do not speak the Pinoy fag language, at first I really found it hard to connect with his entries but somehow I get to work my way around. I actually have to give him credit for enlightening me with some of those local gay terms.

Some words I am familiar with (courtesy of my elementary friend JP who's so out and flambouyant) were "chaka", "chiz", "choz", "kiyeme" (I don't know how that one is spelled, and it has a lot of meanings depending on the usage), "mudra", "fez", "menchu" and of course, the tens of thousands referral to the male genital organ.

I really find Badinggerzie's blog amusing, if not utterly hilarious. When I'm reading it, it's as if I'm there with him having that moment, whatever that may be. Sometimes I have to cover my mouth to prevent myself from laughing out loud.

Props, ate!

No comments:

Profile



Miong21
Google +

Search This Blog

Miong @ Twitter


 

Design by Blogger Buster | Distributed by Blogging Tips


Disclaimer | Contact